Tuesday, November 13, 2007

National Right to Life endorses Thompson

To the great disappointment of this blogger, I just read that the National Right to Life Committee has officially endorsed Fred Thompson. This is something that is beyond my comprehension. Fred Thompson has stated repeatedly that he does not support a constitutional amendment banning all abortions. I am extremely bothered that such a great organization would sell out to a candidate that is so obviously weak on the very issue they fight for.
According to other bloggers who made calls to NRLC, their choice was primarily based on electability. Have they not seen the polls? Fred's ship is slowly sinking while Mike Huckabee's is on a steady course to the White House.
Even though an official endorsement has been announced, I believe it's never too late for the NRLC to withdraw. Let's keep calling and writing. Let them know that we disagree with this endorsement and that they are going to lose support.

202-626-8800 (NRLC)
202-626-8805 (NRLC PAC)
FAX: (202) 737-9189
And this email address: NRLC@nrlc.org

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just as bothered by this. First, why are they even endorsing a political candidate? Secondly, why are they endorsing someone who wouldn't advance pro-life to the highest degree possible-by consitutional amendment??

Kingdom Advancer said...

The more I learn about Thompson's pro-life positions, the less I am impressed. I haven't totally written him off, but he's not going up in my mind, either.

Anyways, just from quickly skimming your blog, I couldn't tell if you are a Christian. But, I found your blog linked from Mike Huckabee's site, and I thought you might be interested in a new blog I created entitled "We Want a Christian President." I want as many people to get involved as possible. Please check it out to learn more.

http://christianpresident.blogspot.com/